Automated Variable Star Observing
AVSOMAT is designed to increase the productivity of obtaining,
reducing and reporting large numbers of CCD images of variable stars.
It consists of a binary tool for reducing images and a collection
of CommonLisp functions for dealing with collections of images,
information about stars, former observations, etc.
Avsomat is used for:
- planning observation sessions and generating gcx scripts; these are
fed into gcx during observing runs and drive the pointing of the
telescope to stars of interest and the exposure and storage of
- reducing collections of images automatically, that is extracting
the magnitude of stars in the image;
- producing aavso observation reports;
- maintaining a set of interlinked html pages with the
these pages also contain links to aavso light curves
for easy verification, and feedback forms;
- producing electronic starfield charts for automatic reduction;
- searching through collections of images
Selected features of avsomat are sometimes migrated or reimplemented in
gcx which also features an
interactive gnome interface.
[hosted on Linux]
[made in CommonLisp, C and Ada95]
[Copyright © 2004 A.D.Corlan]